We are honored to be participating in the NC Azalea Festival’s Kick Off Event, the Azalea Festival Chef’s Showcase on January 19. Corporate Chef, Steven Foote of LM Restaurants will be working alongside the Executive Chefs from each of LM Restaurant’s Wilmington restaurants, to prepare the second course served to over 300 guests attending this luncheon at the Hotel Ballast. Chefs include Jeff Scott from Bluewater Waterfront Grill, Rex Horrell of Hops Supply Co., and Jason Ivady of Henry’s Restaurant and Bar.
This is the second year of the NC Azalea Festival Chef Showcase which includes a 5-course luncheon with wine pairings, high-end silent auction, and light entertainment. The event last year featured Chef Vivan Howard and had over 400 attendees for a sold out event.
The 2019 Chef Showcase will feature 5 area and celebrity guest chefs, each preparing a different dish for the 5-course luncheon.
2019 Chef’s Showcase Chefs:
First Course: Chef James Patterson – Sedgefield Country Club
Second Course: Chef Steve Foote – LM Restaurants Corporate Chef
Third Course: Chef Matt Register – Southern Smoke BBQ
Fourth Course: Chef William “Kelly” Robey – Hotel Ballast
Fifth Course: Baker Claire Ptak – baker of the Royal Wedding Cake of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
With Special guest Anna Echols of One Belle Bakery
2019 NC Azalea Festival Chef’s Showcase Menu: Five-Course Wine Pairing
- “Sparkling Welcome” with a Marca Prosecco provided by Windham Distributing
- First Course: “All Things Southern” Salad – Braised pork cheeks, grits croutons, Candied Pecans, creamed goat cheese, pepper jelly vinaigrette by Chef James Patterson III / Corporate Executive Chef / McConnell Golf LLC
Wine 2018 Duck Hunter Sauvignon Blanc Sources by Windham Distributing
- Second Course: Salmon Rillettes – A chopped salmon pate’ with fresh and smoked salmon, shallots, fresh lemon, and chives. Served with a crisp baguette by Chef Steve Foote, Executive Chef LM Restaurants
Wine 2017 J Vineyard Pinot Gris Sourced by Winham Distributing
- Third Course: Coffee-rubbed beef loin with squash and rice pudding and a smoked Romesco sauce by Chef Matthew Register of Southern Smoke BBQ in Garland.
Wine 2016 Storypoint Cabernet Sauvignon Sourced by Windham Distributing
- Fourth Course: Pan seared local grouper with sauce piquante, fresh shoepeg corn grits, cotton fried shallots, and chive oil by Chef William “Kelly” Robey, Executive Chef Hotel Ballast.
Wine 2015 Moulin De Gassac Pinot Noir Provided by the Hotel Ballast
- Fifth Course: Burnt Honey and Sea Salt Slice with Warm Chocolate Sauce – Chiffon cake flavored with burnt local honey baked into thin layers filled with a honey custard cream and served on a pool of salted caramel chocolate sauce sprinkled with local Wilmington sea salt by Clair Ptak, Violet Bakery. Tea Lemon Souffle Sourced from Tama Tea.